The Greatest. Not many individuals can live up to a nickname like The Greatest. Muhammad Ali not only lived up to the moniker, he surpassed it. Ali is still possibly the most recognizable man on earth. He is loved throughout the world and has made an impact as an athlete and leader.
Today is Ali’s birthday. Learn 10 facts about the icon below.
- Muhammad Ali started to box at the age of 12
- Having his bicycle stolen as a young boy inspired him to fight
- Ali won the Gold Medal for boxing at the 1960 Rome Olympics
- He was the first boxer to win the World Heavyweight title 3 times
- Ali was banned from boxing for three years because he refused to serve in the Vietnam War
- Superman fought Ali in a comic book, ‘Superman vs. Muhammad Ali’
- Only Michael Jordan has appeared on more Sports Illustrated covers than Muhammad Ali
- Ali made the cover of Time Magazine at the age of 21
- Will Smith was Ali’s personal choice to play him in the Ali movie
- In 2005, he was presented with the Medal of Freedom
In 2022, Shoe Palace released an exclusive collection dedicated to Muhammad Ali.
- Adam C. Better
Latest Blog Posts
Air Jordan 2 Retro 'Lucky Green'
The Air Jordan 2 Lucky Green is set to be the next must-have sneaker for sneakerheads and Jordan fans alike. This offering of the Air Jordan 2 features a white leather upper paired with Lucky Green contrasting accents throughout. The Air Jordan 2 was first released in 1986, designed by...
Remembering Kobe and Gigi
Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna Bryant, died on January 26, 2020. A helicopter crash took the lives of 9 people, including Bryant and his daughter. 2020 The year 2020 was devasting for the world, due to the pandemic. There was also racial injustice that hit the United States, and...
Air Jordan Sneaker Guide: 1-23
There is no sneaker brand or line that surpasses the cultural impact of the Air Jordan franchise. The first 23 Air Jordan sneakers hold a prestigious spot in the mythos of sneakers. Every Jordan has a story and an inseparable link to Michael Jordan’s iconic career. Learn more about the...